Thursday, November 3, 2011

Everything New! (almost)




I love new stuff. And there's something big and new in Savannah: the SCAD Museum of Art. For my first time visiting the new museum I decided to wear almost everything new, including my new Les Folles de Joie Jeans, which I've decided are the best jeans I've ver own. I am seriously considering getting them in black and pink. And another pair of the blue ones for when the first need to be retired. I also wore my cape (from Marshalls) after almost two months of waiting for the weather to be worth of a cape; and finally a new leopard print shirt I got on sale at Old Navy. This is my outfit:




Sunglasses: D&G/Cape: JouJou at Marshalls/Blouse: Old Navy/Jeans: Les Folles de Joie
Belt: American Eagle/Purse: My mom's/Flats: Tahari at Marshalls


Now that you've seen the pictures, and my horrible photographic skills, let's talk about the museum. It is really beautiful, I see it as the perfect representation of the contrast between old and new, but especially between Savannah and SCAD. It's everything new inside an old building. What I loved the most, obviously, was the André Leon Talley Gallery.

André Leon Talley in his gallery at the SCAD Museun of Art with
SCAD President Paula Wallace.



Although, it's really small, it is really beautiful. I think my favorite was the Oscar de la Renta black gown that Penelope Cruz wore to the Costume Institute Gala at the Met earlier this year.




And also, being so close to the Manolos Carrie Bradshaw wore to her City Hall wedding on the Sex and the City movie really took my breath away.



I love museums, André Leon Talley, and, of course, fashion. And this particular museum is really worth the visit. I'm looking forward to the next ALT exhibition! But while we wait for the next one, enjoy the rest of the pictures.


Me and Marc. Marc Jacobs, Spring 2009.

Oscar de la Renta, Resort 2012.

Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, Spring/Summer 1984.

John Galliano for Dior, 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment