Thursday, February 9, 2012

Collaborate to Get Collaborations

Image from the Jason Wu for Target page on the store's website.

I've read enough about how crazy people get when going to Target to get some of their designer collaborations. So far, I've been only to Missoni in September and Jason Wu last Sunday. Jason Wu was even crazier, maybe because I was in DC instead of Savannah (which has two Targets, and even today, Thursday, they still had a LOT of stuff)... But yes, it was crazy. And no, this post isn't about that.


I fell in love a couple of years ago with the dress Wu designed for Michelle Obama in her husband's inauguration ball, but of course I could NEVER buy anything from his collection. So I was really excited to hear about the Target thing.


And then I fell in love with Milu the cat. I loved what Jason Wu (you can see his main collection here, and let me say I love the owl as well) cited as the inspiration for this collection: the cat itself and French film noir heroins, as well as an idea of an American girl in Paris. Here you can see the short ad, which I've seen a thousand times and still love.



OK, so yes, I did go to Target at 8 in the morning... But I didn't fight, even though I wanted to. Yes, I'm talking to you, "you need to let go" b*!ch. But karma will get this people who bully innocent shoppers like me. Also, I really wanted the Milu t-shirt but I restrained myself from getting it from e-bay (I won't even link to them) because I don't want to give those people any money. And from what I've been reading, I'm not the only one. I hope they end up returning most of it because no one wants to buy from them.

Seriously, I loved almost everything, it was like the collection was designed just for me. My first batch, in D.C., I got thanks to three very smart girls who got there at 6:30 a.m. and went togehter to achieve their goal. And everything they didn't want I got, then I ordered some online (which hasn't come yet) and finally I went to one of the stores in Savannah. The pictures below are just some of the (many) items I got...


I took this big images from Metrovelvet, where you can see almost the whole lookbook in great detail. Also,
did I mention how much I loooove the braids on the model?


So I put together some tips if you ever feel the need to go to one of this madness:
  1. Go with a friend, it's even better if you don't wear the same size so you don't fight. If you can't, bring a boyfriend or your mom, or anyone that can help you. DO NOT GO BY YOURSELF.
  2. Wear just leggings and a tank top so you can try everything without taking your clothes off since they only let you try three things at a time.
  3. Know ahead of time what you would like to get, but don't limit your options. Some things look better in pictures that they actually are.
  4. Go for the accessory wall first. You don't have to try them on and they're usually cheaper.
Anyway, I hope this helps you sometime... I want to post pictures of what I got but my camera is not working. Somehow I will try to post some pictures of my outfits that include the Jason Wu pieces. And again, thank you Jason Wu and Target for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment