Thursday, March 15, 2012

Creatures

Everyone who knows me knows I love creatures and I want everything that has one on it. That's why I got shoes with an actual leopard and not only leopard print. And that's also why I went back to Urban the day after getting those to get the pair with birds after feeling like I was in Sophie's Choice (yes, I am that dramatic when it comes to shopping). Aaaand, that is also the reason why I took pictures with every kind of creature I could find around DC.

Me with different creatures in DC, including my favorite: "Thinker on a Rock" by BarryFlanagan at The Sculpture Garden of the National Gallery of Art.

But most important for this post: I couldn't stop myself from buying this vintage safari shirt with zebras (not cabras, Judy!) and leopards at my favorite store, Arc. I loved it so much that I wanted to wear it the very moment I paid for it. Just like when I was little and I wore new shoes right after my mom payed for them. It's kind of cropped so I wore it with high waisted jeans... And I got so many compliments that I can't wait to wear it again. If only the Savannah heat would let me show my love for creatures.




I'm wearing the vintage shirt from Arc, black Les Follies de Joie jeans, Arc
sunglasses and booties I got at Urban.


I want to leave you with these images from the exhibition South African artist Jane Alexander has at the SCAD Museum, Surveys (from the Cape of Good Hope). Which is, as you can guess, full of creepy-funny-looking-creatures. There's photos and sculptures and I really, really liked it. Because, you know, I just love creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment